Rottweiler is an ancient breed that was used in countless wars by Romans during their reign, later, these dogs found work as guard dogs for livestock and even police dogs. As long as this breed has existed, people have loved Rottweilers, and that is the reason why they can be seen in pretty much every part of the world, including India. As you’d know vaccinating your pet dog is mandatory in India.
Rottweiler Vaccination Cost in India
Similar to any other dog, there are two types of vaccination that must be given to this dog. The core vaccinations that are the same as any other dog, however, cost a little extra due to the breed’s size and genetics. The second type is the non-core vaccinations that are given for specific diseases.
These crucial sets of vaccinations are given during puppyhood. You’d be surprised to know that puppies receive their first vaccination as soon as they are 45 days old.
- DHPP: A combined vaccination that is also referred to as 4 in 1, it deals with Distemper, Hepatitis, Para Influenza, and Parvo. This is injected into the Rottweiler puppy at the age of 6 weeks, and a booster dose is given after every 21 days until the age of 16 weeks. Generally, the entire vaccination course costs Rs. 2,500, but for Rottweilers, an additional dose is also recommended, which bumps the cost to Rs. 3,300.
- Rabies: One of the most deadly and yet common diseases found in dogs, it is significantly lower compared to the past, however, it still exists. Rabies vaccination is given to dogs in the form of either 5 shots or 7 shots, with each shot costing Rs. 500 for Rottweilers. The total rabies vaccination comes out to Rs. 2,000, and your dog wouldn’t require another shot for at least 3 years.
- Leptospirosis: While some owners skip over this vaccine, it is essential that you must get your dog vaccinated for leptospirosis, as this leads to organ failure. Each shot will cost Rs. 300, and it is valid for one year.
Overall, the core vaccination cost for a Rottweiler puppy will cost about Rs. 5,600.
There are two other diseases that Rottweilers require additional vaccination against.
- Lyme disease: In this disease, dogs lose their appetite and have a constant fever. Your dog will need 2 doses of this vaccination that will cost Rs. 1,500. It is valid for 1 year.
- Kennel Cough: Also known as Bordetella, it is an upper respiratory bacterial infection. For this, the vaccination can either be administered via nasal drops or injections. Your Rottweiler would require a shot twice a year, and each shot costs about Rs. 800.
For the non-core vaccinations, the price comes to Rs. 3,100, and the cost of vaccinating your Rottweiler puppy for the first year will be Rs. 8,700, and after that, it will be Rs. 3,400 per year.